Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Timmins or bust.....




Zeb and I just got back from a road trip to Timmins for his work. I came along for the ride in an attempt to take some time off! Is it ever a loooooong drive!! Our cottage is on the Eastern tip of Algonquin and that takes about 3 1/2 hours to get to - from there we had to drive another 9 hours north to finallly reach the home town of Shania Twain and incidentally the birth place of my dad as well! There's not much to report back about Timmins - maybe because we were only there for one night. When my Dido (grandfather) first came to Canada way back in the 1940's one of the first places he worked was in a goldmine in Timmins - I tried to find it - it was called Porcupine Mine - but had no luck. What I did manage to do was take a picture of a huge Buffalo and a huge cow. Neither of which were actually in Timmins, but it's the best I could do :)